Tuesday, April 5, 2011

UnGoogleable Research Paper – Website Evaluation


I interviewed three individuals to find a solution to my dilemma. My dilemma is a question, and that question is how can you tell if a website is a good resource for writing a research paper? My first volunteer was my staff. His response was first accessibility. He thinks if everyone can access sites that meet their academic need it is capable of being a good resource for a writing research paper. My second client was my social worker. She stated that it is better if the site is current or has been recently updated. Other than the time effecting the credibility so would the authors. The authors are important because if they have no related background than their information might not be as reliable. My last volunteer was an upperclassmen that goes by the name of Radford. He replied and said if the information's sources are cited and if its URL looks accurate. For example, it says .org at the end. When I do research I will now use these guidelines to keep my web searching on the right track.

5 comments:

  1. I think that having them give us advice will really help us with out papers. We should do great on them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice job on making your words stretch

    ReplyDelete
  3. Obviously your dilemma is a question Gamberro duh! Anyways you did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on completing your homework with great detailed words, I can tell you did not rush into this. You are very smart, keep up the great work you do! Field trip tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post Jojo. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete