Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Everyday Use (9/14)


When I am a parent I want my kids to be happy and healthy like a carrot. As long as they don't bug like a ferret or if they have a secret and they share it. Whatever it takes no matter what conditions, even if it means special things or different traditions. Santa Claus they will meet and on Halloween they will trick or treat, I will buy them the Levi-Pampers just to make them a happy-camper. If they want to grow flowers I will buy them soil, they will get what they want as long as they aren't way too spoiled. If they don't throw a fit every Sunday they'll have a banana split and as long as their behavior is appropriate. See, I will give them any special tradition, letting them play a violin, letting them believe in the Christ within, as long as the don't commit any deadly sins, making sure that I am kissing them, no matter if they're Siamese twins, or they are identical twins, and if her clothes wear thin I won't use a safety pin, but I might even buy her animal skin. Traditional hot coco in the morning instead of water, anything for my darling son or daughter.

1 comment:

  1. Joseph, I commend you for your creativity (and ability to rhyme!), but you need to make sure that you avoid run-on sentences.

    ReplyDelete