Friday, March 18, 2011

“Where Have You Gone, Charming Billy?” Narrative


April 13, 1955. My name is Paul Berlin, but some of my friends call me First Class Paul Berlin. Today was my first day out in war, Oh was I scared! I have been frightened, nervous, and anxious this whole day. Today has been really stressful. One of my fellow soldiers had a heart attack! He was shot in the foot and was bleeding all over. Then, he was so afraid that he was going to die it caused him to have a heart attack, and guess what happened? He died! This soldier on his first day out died. I can’t believe it, some of the other soldiers tried to help me stay brave and tell me how I’m going to get used to things like this as time goes. But until then nothing can change my feelings. Not even the ocean which I hear and smell. But I hope that day comes soon because as of right now I’m still scared out of my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment